When it comes to protecting your home from harsh weather conditions, picking the right hurricane impact windows is essential. Among the various options, CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard have marked their presence significantly. But which one to choose? Let’s delve into the differences between CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard hurricane impact replacement windows and make your decision a bit easier.
CGI Sentinel Vs. PGT Winguard Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows: Quick Comparison
Here’s a quick look at how these two models stand against each other:
|Features||CGI Sentinel||PGT Winguard|
|Frame Material||Aluminum||Vinyl or Aluminum|
|Energy Efficiency||Good||Very Good|
Key Differences Between CGI Sentinel And PGT Winguard Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows
When comparing these two popular window choices, several key differences come to light.
The frame material is the backbone of any window, and here, CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard differ. CGI Sentinel employs aluminum frames known for their strength and durability. On the other hand, PGT Winguard offers options in both vinyl and aluminum. Vinyl frames tend to be more energy-efficient but less sturdy compared to aluminum.
Your window choice significantly impacts the look of your home. CGI Sentinel wins the race in design versatility with a wider range of design options, colors, and finishes. PGT Winguard, while offering various design choices, has a more limited range compared to CGI Sentinel.
Both these window models are champions when it comes to impact resistance. They are built to withstand harsh weather conditions and protect your home from storm damage. However, the extent to which they can handle impacts might vary slightly based on the frame material and design.
Energy efficiency is about keeping the indoor temperature steady without over-relying on heating or cooling systems. PGT Winguard’s vinyl frames offer better insulation, making them a bit more energy-efficient than the CGI Sentinel’s aluminum frames.
Price is often a deciding factor. CGI Sentinel tends to be on the higher end of the price spectrum due to its high design versatility and aluminum construction. PGT Winguard, with its option of vinyl frames, provides a more cost-effective solution.
A warranty is your protection against unforeseen issues with your windows. CGI Sentinel offers a lifetime warranty, showcasing their confidence in product durability. PGT Winguard, while also offering a solid warranty, it is limited lifetime, which may cover fewer scenarios over time.
Both window models boast low maintenance. A simple cleaning routine is enough to keep them looking good and working well. No need for any special upkeep, making life easier for you.
- Frame Material: Aluminum is used by CGI Sentinel whereas PGT Winguard offers both aluminum and vinyl.
- Design Versatility: More design options are available with CGI Sentinel compared to PGT Winguard.
- Impact Resistance: Both models provide excellent protection but might vary slightly based on frame material and design.
- Energy Efficiency: PGT Winguard’s vinyl frames are more energy-efficient than CGI Sentinel’s aluminum frames.
- Cost: CGI Sentinel is pricier due to high design versatility and aluminum construction, while PGT Winguard is more budget-friendly.
- Warranty: Lifetime warranty is offered by CGI Sentinel, whereas PGT Winguard provides a limited lifetime warranty.
- Maintenance: Low maintenance is a common feature, making both models user-friendly and easy to care for.
Pros and Cons
When it comes to making our homes safe from storms, choosing the right hurricane impact replacement windows is a step in the right direction. In this section, we’ll discuss the pros and cons of two popular choices: CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard.
Pros of CGI Sentinel
- Strong Frames: The aluminum frames used in CGI Sentinel windows are very strong. They can take a beating during storms and keep your home safe.
- Design Choices: With CGI Sentinel, you get many design options. You can choose different colors and styles to match your home.
- High Impact Resistance: These windows are built to face tough weather. They are great at keeping wind and rain outside.
- Long Warranty: CGI Sentinel gives a lifetime warranty. This means they believe their windows will last a very long time.
Cons of CGI Sentinel
- Higher Cost: The cost of getting CGI Sentinel windows is higher. The strong materials and many design choices make it pricey.
- Less Energy Efficient: Compared to vinyl frames, the aluminum frames are less good at keeping your home’s temperature steady.
Pros of PGT Winguard Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows
- Budget-Friendly: PGT Winguard windows are easier on the wallet. They offer a cost-effective way to protect your home.
- Energy Efficiency: Especially with vinyl frames, these windows help save energy. They keep your home warm in winter and cool in summer.
- Good Impact Resistance: Just like CGI Sentinel, PGT Winguard windows are built to protect your home from harsh weather.
- Low Maintenance: These windows are easy to take care of. They don’t need special cleaning, just a simple wipe down now and then.
Cons of PGT Winguard Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows
- Limited Design Options: There are fewer design choices with PGT Winguard. You might not find the perfect style for your home.
- Lesser Warranty: The warranty is limited lifetime. It’s still good, but not as long as CGI Sentinel’s warranty.
CGI Sentinel or PGT Winguard Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows – Which Should You Choose?
Making a choice between CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard can be simple when you know what matters most to you. If you have a bigger budget and you want lots of design choices, CGI Sentinel might be the right pick. If you want to save some money and still get good protection, PGT Winguard could be a better fit.
The key differences we looked at earlier can help too. Remember the frame material, design versatility, impact resistance, energy efficiency, cost, warranty, and maintenance? Keep those in mind.
But no matter which one you choose, both CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard are great choices for hurricane impact replacement windows. They both do the job of keeping you safe when the weather gets rough. Your personal choice will depend on what you value more – whether it’s the cost, design options, or the type of frame material. Either way, you’re taking a big step towards making your home a safer place for you and your family.
So, take a good look at your home, think about what you want, and make the choice that feels right to you.
Alternative to Hurricane Impact Replacement Windows
When looking for hurricane impact replacement windows, you might want to explore more options. Another choice could be vinyl replacement windows. They are known for good energy saving. They can help keep your home warm or cool. One example is comparing Amerimax Vs. Milgard Vinyl Replacement Window. These brands offer different styles and prices. It’s always good to look at different brands and find what works for you.
Are CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard good for hurricane protection?
Yes, both CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard are designed to provide strong hurricane protection. They can handle strong winds and flying debris well.
How do CGI Sentinel and PGT Winguard compare in price?
CGI Sentinel is usually more expensive than PGT Winguard. The exact price can depend on the design and where you buy them.
Which one has better reviews, CGI Sentinel or PGT Winguard?
Both have good reviews for hurricane protection. Some people might prefer CGI Sentinel for design, while others might like the price of PGT Winguard better.
Which one is better, CGI or PGT?
It depends on what you are looking for. CGI offers more design choices but is pricier. PGT is more budget-friendly with good protection too.
Are CGI impact windows good?
Yes, CGI impact windows are known for their strong protection against hurricanes and other harsh weather conditions.
How strong are hurricane impact windows?
Hurricane impact windows are very strong. They are built to handle high winds, rain, and flying objects during storms.
Do hurricane impact windows break?
They can break with extreme force, but it’s hard to break them. They are made to stand up to very harsh conditions.
What material are hurricane impact windows?
They can be made of aluminum or vinyl. Aluminum is stronger but less energy-efficient. Vinyl is more energy-efficient but less strong.
Are hurricane windows more expensive?
Yes, hurricane windows can be more expensive than regular windows. But they offer much better protection against storms.
Does PGT own CGI Windows?
No, PGT and CGI Windows are separate companies. They both offer good hurricane impact windows.
What are the best materials for hurricane windows?
Aluminum and vinyl are common materials. Aluminum is known for strength. Vinyl is known for energy efficiency.
Are hurricane impact windows burglar proof?
They are harder to break, so they can provide some burglar protection. But they are not completely burglar-proof.
What are PGT WinGuard windows rated at?
PGT WinGuard windows have high ratings for impact resistance and energy efficiency. The exact rating can vary based on the model.
Do hurricane impact windows leak?
Properly installed hurricane impact windows should not leak. They are designed to keep wind and rain out.