When it comes to choosing a humidifier, you might consider Aprilaire. But which model is right for you? Let’s compare the Aprilaire 600 and Aprilaire 700.
|Features||Aprilaire 600||Aprilaire 700|
|Coverage Area||Up to 4,000 sq. ft.||Up to 4,200 sq. ft.|
|Humidification Delivery||17 gallons per day||18 gallons per day|
|Type||Bypass humidifier||Powered fan humidifier|
|Energy Efficiency||Uses less energy||Uses more due to fan|
|Installation||Easier, no need for outlet||Requires dedicated outlet|
|Price||Less expensive||More expensive|
From my experience working with different humidifiers, the table provides a snapshot. But numbers don’t tell the whole story. Let’s find out the differences in detail.
What Are The Key Differences Between Aprilaire 600 And 700 Humidifier?
1. Coverage Area
Aprilaire 600 covers areas up to 4,000 sq. ft. In contrast, Aprilaire 700 can handle up to 4,200 sq. ft. Though the difference is slight, for larger homes, those extra 200 sq. ft. can matter.
2. Humidification Delivery
The Aprilaire 700 has a slight edge. It can deliver 18 gallons of moisture a day, whereas the Aprilaire 600 delivers 17 gallons. A difference of 1 gallon might not seem much, but it does make a difference over a month.
3. Type of Humidifier
Aprilaire 600 is a bypass humidifier. It uses your home’s heat to add moisture. On the other hand, Aprilaire 700 is a powered fan humidifier. It has its own fan to push air through the wet pad. This means it can work even if your furnace isn’t running.
4. Energy Efficiency
Given the absence of a fan, Aprilaire 600 consumes less energy. The Aprilaire 700, with its fan, will use slightly more. If you’re energy-conscious, this is something to think about.
Installing the Aprilaire 600 is often easier because it doesn’t need a dedicated outlet. However, Aprilaire 700 requires one due to its fan. This could mean higher installation costs.
Generally, Aprilaire 600 is more affordable than the Aprilaire 700. However, prices can vary based on retailers and deals available.
In my many years working with HVAC systems, I’ve found that the best choice depends on specific needs. For someone looking for more coverage and isn’t concerned about energy use, the Aprilaire 700 might be the better pick. But if budget and energy efficiency are top concerns, the Aprilaire 600 would be a smart choice.
Always consider the total cost. This includes not just the unit’s price but also installation costs and energy consumption over time.
- Aprilaire 600 is suitable for homes up to 4,000 sq. ft, while Aprilaire 700 covers slightly larger areas.
- Aprilaire 700 delivers more moisture daily.
- Aprilaire 600 is more energy-efficient due to the lack of a fan.
- Installation for Aprilaire 700 may be pricier because of its power requirements.
- Initial costs for Aprilaire 600 are typically lower.
Pros and Cons
Let’s break down the good and bad of both models of the Aprilaire 600 and the Aprilaire 700 humidifiers.
Pros of Aprilaire 600
1. Energy-Efficient: This model uses less electricity. It’s kind to your energy bills.
2. Lower Price: The Aprilaire 600 is usually cheaper. Good for people on a budget.
3. Quiet Operation: It’s a bypass humidifier. So, it works more quietly than fan-powered ones.
4. Good Coverage: It can cover up to 4,000 square feet. That’s a lot of space!
5. Simple Maintenance: Just a yearly check. Keep it clean, and it keeps working well.
Cons of Aprilaire 600
1. Less Capacity: It gives 17 gallons a day. Good, but the 700 offers a bit more.
2. Needs More Space: Bypass types need more space. Make sure you have room for it.
3. No Built-in Fan: It uses your heating system’s air. Some folks might prefer a built-in fan.
Pros of Aprilaire 700 Humidifier
1. Bigger Capacity: It can give 18 gallons a day. Great for big homes.
2. Larger Coverage: It can cover up to 4,200 square feet. That’s even bigger!
3. Built-in Fan: The fan pulls in air. It can work even if your heating system isn’t on.
4. Same Maintenance: Like the 600, just a yearly check is enough.
Cons of Aprilaire 700 Humidifier
1. Higher Price: It’s pricier than the 600 model. But remember, it has more features.
2. Uses More Electricity: The built-in fan uses extra power. So, a little bump in energy costs.
3. Can Be Louder: Fans make noise. So, the 700 can be louder than the 600.
Aprilaire 600 or 700 Humidifier – Which Should You Choose?
Choosing between the Aprilaire 600 and 700 might seem tough. Both have good points. And both have a few drawbacks.
Think about your home. How big is it? If it’s really big, maybe the 700 is better for you. Its extra capacity can be helpful.
Consider your budget. If you need to save money, the 600 is cheaper. And it still does a great job.
How about noise? If you want quiet, the 600 might be your friend. But if you don’t mind a little noise and want a fan, go for the 700.
Check your space. Got a tight spot? The 700 might fit better. But if you have more room, either model works.
Q: What is the difference between Aprilaire 600 and 700 on reddit?
A: People on reddit discuss the differences between the two. They talk about their features and performance.
Q: How does the AprilAire 700 work?
A: The Aprilaire 700 adds moisture to the air using water and a fan.
Q: Do you turn off Aprilaire humidifier in the summer?
A: Yes, you should turn off your humidifier in the summer. It’s not needed then.
Q: How much water does Aprilaire 700 use?
A: The Aprilaire 700 uses water to add moisture, but the exact amount can vary.
Q: How much does it cost to install an AprilAire whole house humidifier?
A: The cost to install can vary. It depends on the model and where you live.
Q: Does AprilAire 700 need hot water?
A: Yes, Aprilaire 700 can use hot water to operate.
Q: Does AprilAire 600 need hot water?
A: The Aprilaire 600 can also use hot water, but check the manual.
Q: What size humidifier is needed for 700 sq ft?
A: For 700 sq ft, you’ll need a medium-sized humidifier.
Q: How many gallons per day does the Aprilaire 700 use?
A: The Aprilaire 700 can use a certain number of gallons daily, check its specifications.
Q: What should my AprilAire 600 be set at?
A: Set your Aprilaire 600 as per the humidity level you want in your house.
Q: Does Aprilaire 700 waste water?
A: Some water may not turn into vapor, so there can be some waste.
Q: Which humidifier is best for winter?
A: A strong humidifier like Aprilaire 700 is good for winter.
Q: Can Aprilaire 700 be installed on return?
A: Yes, Aprilaire 700 can be installed on the return duct.