Choosing the right windows for your home is a big decision. The quality of windows affects your comfort, energy bills, and the look of your home. Two popular choices are Apex Windows and Renewal by Andersen. Both have their own set of benefits. So, which one might suit your home better?
Comparing Apex Windows Vs. Renewal by Andersen
|Features||Apex Windows||Renewal by Andersen|
|Energy Efficiency||High||Very High|
|Price||More Affordable||More Expensive|
|Warranty||Lifetime Limited Warranty||20-Year Limited Warranty|
|Installation||Professional Installation Offered||Professional Installation Included|
What Are The Key Differences Between Apex Windows And Renewal by Andersen?
The first noticeable difference comes in the materials used. Apex Windows are made from vinyl. Vinyl is a good material for keeping the cold and heat outside. It’s also less expensive, which makes Apex windows a cost-effective choice.
On the other hand, Renewal by Andersen uses a material called Fibrex. Fibrex is a composite material, which is a mix of wood fiber and thermoplastic polymer. This mixture makes Renewal by Andersen windows strong and durable. They look like wood windows but they last a long time with little maintenance.
When it comes to energy efficiency, both brands have something to offer. Apex Windows do a good job of keeping your home’s temperature steady. They can help lower your energy bills by keeping the cold air and hot sun outside.
Renewal by Andersen, with its Fibrex material, takes energy efficiency a notch higher. These windows offer better insulation and can save you more on energy costs over time.
If you like having many choices, Renewal by Andersen might be the way to go. They offer a wide range of customization options. You can choose from different styles, colors, and hardware. This way, you can match the windows to your home’s look easily.
Apex Windows, however, has limited customization options. The choices might be enough for some people, but others might find it restricting.
Price is often a big factor in decision making. Apex Windows are generally more affordable than Renewal by Andersen. This price difference can be significant especially if you have a big home with many windows.
Warranty and Installation
Both companies offer professional installation, ensuring your windows fit perfectly. The warranty terms differ a bit. Apex offers a Lifetime Limited Warranty, while Renewal by Andersen provides a 20-Year Limited Warranty.
- Materials Used: Apex uses vinyl while Renewal by Andersen uses Fibrex composite material.
- Energy Efficiency: Both are energy efficient, but Renewal by Andersen has a slight edge due to its Fibrex material.
- Customization: Renewal by Andersen offers more customization options compared to Apex Windows.
- Price: Apex Windows are more affordable, making them a budget-friendly choice.
- Warranty and Installation: Both offer professional installation but have different warranty terms.
Pros and Cons of Apex Windows And Renewal by Andersen
When the time comes to replace or install new windows, it’s crucial to pick the right ones. Your choice will impact your home’s comfort, energy efficiency, and overall appearance. Let’s dive into the Pros and Cons of Apex Windows and Renewal by Andersen to help make this decision a little easier.
Pros of Apex Windows
- Cost-Effective: One of the biggest advantages of Apex Windows is their price. They are much more budget-friendly compared to other window brands.
- Energy Efficient: Despite being low cost, Apex Windows do not compromise on energy efficiency. They help to keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
- Low Maintenance: With Apex Windows, you won’t have to worry much about upkeep. A simple clean now and then will keep them looking fresh.
- Simple Installation: Apex Windows are known for their straightforward installation process. The professional installers get your windows set up quickly.
Cons of Apex Windows
- Limited Customization: Unlike some other brands, Apex Windows doesn’t offer a wide range of styles or colors.
- Vinyl Material: While being budget-friendly, the vinyl material may not offer the aesthetic appeal that other materials do.
Pros of Renewal by Andersen
- High-Quality Material: Renewal by Andersen windows are made from Fibrex, a strong and durable material that resembles wood.
- Exceptional Energy Efficiency: Thanks to the Fibrex material, these windows provide excellent insulation which can lead to lower energy bills.
- Wide Range of Customization: With a variety of styles, colors, and hardware options, you can match these windows to your home’s aesthetic easily.
- Long-Lasting: The durability of Fibrex means these windows can withstand harsh weather conditions and still look great over time.
Cons of Renewal by Andersen
- Higher Price: The quality and customization come at a higher price point, which can be a deterrent for some homeowners.
- Longer Installation Process: Due to their customization and build quality, the installation process might take longer.
Apex Windows or Renewal by Andersen – Which Should You Choose?
Your choice between Apex Windows and Renewal by Andersen depends on what’s more important to you and what you’re willing to invest in your home.
If saving money is a priority, Apex Windows could be the way to go. They provide good energy efficiency and are easy to maintain. On the downside, you might have to compromise on the look and customization options.
On the other hand, if you’re ready to invest in high-quality, long-lasting windows with lots of customization options, Renewal by Andersen might be the right choice. They offer excellent energy efficiency which can help save money on energy bills over time. Yet, the initial investment is higher, and the installation process may be longer.
Both Apex Windows and Renewal by Andersen are reputable brands with their own set of advantages and disadvantages. Assess your budget, preferences, and the climate of where you live to decide which windows will best suit your home.
Alternative to Apex Windows Vs. Renewal by Andersen
When you are looking to get new windows for your home, it’s good to know all your options. Apart from Apex Windows and Renewal by Andersen, there are other brands you might want to check out. Here are some of them:
- Amerimax Vs Milgard Vinyl Replacement Windows: This comparison might help if you are considering vinyl windows.
- American Craftsman Vs Andersen Windows: Here, learn about another alternative to Renewal by Andersen.
- Alliance Windows Vs Andersen Windows: Check out how Alliance windows compare to Andersen.
- Alliance Vs Pella Windows: Discover how Alliance stacks up against Pella, another well-known brand.
- Amsco Vs Andersen Windows: Explore another comparison with Andersen windows.
What is the difference between Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen?
Andersen Windows and Renewal by Andersen are from the same company. Yet, Renewal by Andersen focuses on replacing windows. Andersen Windows sells new windows for homes being built.
Why is Renewal by Andersen so much more expensive?
Renewal by Andersen windows are more expensive due to the high-quality material (Fibrex) and the wide range of customization they offer.
Does Renewal by Andersen have a good reputation?
Yes, Renewal by Andersen has a good reputation for providing durable and energy-efficient windows.
Is Renewal by Andersen the most expensive?
There are other expensive brands, but Renewal by Andersen is on the higher price end due to its quality and customization options.
Is Renewal by Andersen cheaper than Pella?
The price can vary based on the customization, but generally, Renewal by Andersen might be more expensive than Pella.
Who is similar to Renewal by Andersen?
Brands like Pella or Milgard offer similar quality and customization options as Renewal by Andersen.
Does Renewal by Andersen have a lifetime warranty?
Renewal by Andersen offers a 20-Year Limited Warranty on its windows, not a lifetime warranty.
Are Renewal by Andersen windows Energy Star rated?
Yes, Renewal by Andersen windows are Energy Star rated, making them energy-efficient choices.
What is the quality of Andersen Windows?
Andersen Windows are known for their high quality, durability, and wide range of customization options.
What is Apex Windows?
Apex Windows is a brand known for providing cost-effective, energy-efficient vinyl windows with a straightforward installation process.
Who manufactures Andersen Windows?
Andersen Windows are manufactured by the Andersen Corporation, a well-known company in the window industry.
What brand of windows does Apex use?
Apex uses its own brand of windows, known for their vinyl material and energy efficiency.